NSS unit of our College has been working very efficiently during under the guidance of Dr. Neetu Prakash (Dept. of Commerce) and Mrs Satwant Kaur (Dept. of Computer Science and Applications). Number of activities was carried on throughout the year.
Under the aegis of Internal Quality Assurance Cell and NSS Unit of college celebrated ‘Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat’ on December 17, 2021. This activity was conducted under the guidance of Programme Officers Dr. Neetu Prakash and Ms. Satwant Kaur. ‘Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat’ is the initiative announced by honorable Prime Minister Mr. Narendra Modi on October 31, 2015 on the occasion of 140th birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel. A lecture on “Culture and Tourism of Andhra Pardesh” was organized. Dr. Maneeta Kahlon, Principal of the college was the resource person. She talked about the tourism and culture of Andhra Pardesh discussing the history of Tirupati Balla Ji temple, handmade silk weaving industry, their food, zoos, Kuchipudi dance. She also highlighted the historical significant of Andhra Pradesh which was formed in 1956 on linguistic basis. The other things discussed were its capital Amravati, Tirumala and port city Visakhapatnam.
Internal Quality Assurance Cell and NSS Unit of the college in collaboration with Government Dispensary, Model Town, Ludhiana organized Coronavirus Testing Camp in the campus on November 29, 2021 and December 1, 2021. A team of health officials Dr. Gurpreet Singh, MO and Mrs. Parminder Kaur, Staff Nurse from UPHC, Model Town visited the college campus to collect the Swab Samples. The team collected 50 samples each day from the staff as well as from the students. An extension lecture was also organized on November 29, 2021 for prevention and control of common non communicable diseases.
- A Sensitization drive was conducted on November 20, 2021 by circulating a message to all NSS volunteers through their whatsapp group regarding SVEEP. The Systematic Voter’s Education and Electoral Participation Program, better known as SVEEP, is the flagship program of the Election Commission of India for voter awareness and promoting voter literacy in India. Sveep’s primary goal is to build and improve participation in democracy in India by encouraging all eligible citizens to vote by making an informed decision during the elections. The message that was circulated among the students on this occasion stated that voting is the fundamental basis of democracy and a single vote can prove to be a game changer. Therefore, rather than enjoying voting day as a holiday, one must vote if we truly want to contribute to the nation building process and to bring about a change. One must cast one’s vote with honesty and due diligence to make India a strong and great nation which was the dream of our freedom fighters.
NSS Unit and Red Ribbon Club in collaboration with Internal Quality Assurance Cell celebrated “Ek Bharat Shreshth Bharat”. This activity is conducted under the guidance of Programme Officers Dr. Neetu Prakash and Ms. Satwant Kaur on November 18, 2021. Giddha was performed by the students in the college campus. It is a popular folk dance of women in Punjab region of India which is performed during festive or social occasions, especially during the sowing and reaping of the harvest.
A Webinar on the topic “Investor Rights Awareness “ was organised on November 13, 2021(on Virtual Mode) on the occasion of Children’s day to educate the students regarding their rights as investors . This activity was done under the initiative of Investor Education and Protection Fund Authority which has aim to organize campaign named IEPFA -NEVSA -Niveshak Evam Vittiya Saksharta Abiyam. Mr. Kanwaljeet Singh from Bajaj Finance was the resource person. The major issues highlighted in this webinar are how to make safe trading in Stock exchanges and how the investors can protect themselves from the brokers and promoters of the companies. Apart from these working of depositories and stock exchanges, process of IPO, dematerilisation, clearing corporations, role of mutual funds and SEBI in Indian Stock market were discussed.
Internal Quality Assurance Cell and NSS Unit in collaboration with Government Dispensary, Model Town, Ludhiana is organizing Coronavirus Testing Camp in the campus from November 09, 2021 to November 18, 2021. A team of health officials (Mrs. Parminder Kaur, Staff Nurse and Mrs. Harminder and Mrs. Manju- Asha Workers) from UPHC, Model Town visited the college campus to collect the Swab Samples. The team will collect 50 samples every day from the staff as well as from the students.
An awareness lecture was organized by NSS unit to make the students conscious about the benefits of celebrating eco-friendly Diwali as a part of “Roshni”, it’s Annual Diwali programme on November 02, 2021.
Under the aegis of Internal Quality Assurance Cell , Rashtriya Ekta Diwas was celebrated to commemorate the birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel on October 31, 2021. This year, the celebration of Rashtriya Ekta Diwas also coincides with the celebrations of 75 years of our independence. All the staff members and 69 NSS volunteers took the Rashtriya Ekta Diwas pledge in the online mode. This activity was conducted by NSS programme officers Dr. Neetu Prakash and Mrs. Satwant Kaur.
‘Ek Bharat Shreshth Bharat’ was celebrated on October 26, 2021.Mrs. Shikha Kalra, Assistant Professor, Department of Home Science prepared the traditional dish of Andhra Pradesh named Pesarattu. Andhra Pradesh is the paired state of Punjab under ‘Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat’ programme which aims to enhance interaction and promote mutual understanding between people of different states/UTs through the concept of state/UT pairing.
- IQAC and NSS Unit of Guru Nanak Khalsa College for Women, Gujarkhan Camps, Model Town, Ludhiana in collaboration with UPHC, Model Town (Sister Balvir Kaur)and DMC & H Team (Sister Nirlep Kaur) under the able supervision of Dr. Avinash Jindal, SMO, Ludhiana organised a free Covid Vaccination Camp in the college campus today. As many as 500 doses were administered to students, Teaching & Non-teaching Staff and localites. As per the instructions issued by the MoWCD, Dr. Neetu Prakash(Dept. of Business Mgmt & Commerce) and Ms. Satwant Kaur(Dept. of Computer Science & Applications) Programme Officers of NSS Unit along with the Principal, teaching and non teaching staff of the college helped in conducting this drive.
- Internal Quality Assurance Cell and NSS Unit of Guru Nanak Khalsa College for Women, Gujarkhan Campus, Model Town, Ludhiana organized an extension lecture on “Sensitization Awareness Drive for Covid Protocols” under Rashtriya Poshan Maah- 2021 celebrations on September 06, 2021. Dr. Gurpreet Singh, MO, RC Model Gram Dispensary, Ludhiana was the resource person on this occasion.
- NSS Unit of Guru Nanak Khalsa College for Women, Gujarkhan Camps, Model Town, Ludhiana celebrated Rashtriya Poshan Maah- 2021 in the college campus on September 03, 2021. 150 Saplings were planted in and around the college campus as a part of the drive.
- A tree plantation drive was organized by NSS Unit of Guru Nanak Khalsa College for Women, Gujarkhan Campus, Model Town, Ludhiana on August 21, 2021 .Saplings were planted in and around the college campus as a part of the drive.
- NSS Unit of Guru Nanak Khalsa College For Women, Model Town, Ludhiana organized Swachhata Pakhwada from August 01-15, 2021. Following activities were performed during the drive:
- Volunteers took
- Swachh Bharat Pledge
- Anti-Littering Pledge
- E-WastePledge on August 11, 2021.
- A Poster Making Competition was organized in which NSS Volunteers expressed their views on the topic of “Plastic Free India” on August 14, 2021
- NSS Unit of Guru Nanak Khalsa College for Women, Model Town, Ludhiana organized various activities on Commemoration of 75th anniversary of India’s freedom.
- Slogan writing and poster making competition was organised on July 22, 2021.
- NSS Unit in collaboration with Department of History organized an online essay writing competition. The competition was organized to commemorate the 75th Independence Anniversary of India with special emphasis on the ‘Martyrs who sacrificed their lives for the freedom of India ’.This online competition was held on August 3 ,2021.
- Volunteers sang the National Anthem to mark the 75th anniversary of India’s Independence, being celebrated as ‘Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav’ on August 14, 2021.
- Flag Hoisting Ceremony was organised by NSS Unit of Guru Nanak Khalsa College for Women ,Model Town , Ludhiana
- Volunteers took
- catch-the-rain pledge and committed herself to clean up local water resources to prepare them for rainwater harvesting this monsoon
- Fit-India-Freedom-run pledge and committed herself to the responsibility of keeping the environment and surroundings neat and clean on August 15,2021
- A Slogan writing competition was organized on July 30, 2020 to celebrate 400th Birth Anniversary of Guru Teg Bahadur Ji.
- Teachers’ Day was celebrated virtually on September 05, 2020.
- Volunteers took part in slogan writing on the theme ‘Fit India’ on October 2, 2020. A 2 km Plog run was also organized.
- Constitution day was observed on November 27, 2020. Volunteers participated in Online Quiz competition organized by Government of India.
- NSS Volunteers attended 5th PBD Conference ‘Bringing together young achievers from India and Indian diaspora’ on January 8, 2021.
- NSS Volunteers attended National Webinar on ‘Legal Awareness, Protection from violence & abuse against Children’ organised by Bhagidari Jan Sahyog Samiti on January 9, 2021.
- National Road Safety Month was observed on February 11, 2021. An online lecture on the theme ‘Sadak Suraksha- Jeevan Raksha’ was organized. Mr. Gurpreet Singh representative, Traffic Police, Ludhiana was the resource person. Volunteers also took Road Safety Pledge and participated in an online quiz on Road Safety.
- International Women’s Day was celebrated on March 8, 2021 through virtual mode. Mrs. Shikha Kalra, Head, Department of Home Science talk on various issues like anemia, nutritional diet, fitness and regular exercise, yoga and self-defense.
- International Day of Yoga was celebrated on June 21, 2021 with the thematic message of “Be with Yoga, Be at Home”.