Under the aegis of Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) and NCC Unit of college celebrated Swarnim Vijay Diwas on December 16, 2021 to commemorate the victory of the Indian Armed forces over Pakistan in the 1971 Indo-Pak war. History was created on this day with the liberation of Bangladesh in just 13 days. At the same time, it is also celebration of sheer grit determination, valour and professionalism of Armed Forces. On this occasion Parneet Kaur (B.A-5th Sem) presented a PPT on “Indo-Pak War of 1971”. ANO Lt. Sukhjit Kaur highlighted the students about the significance of December 16, 1971.
- NCC Wing of the college celebrated the Armed Forces Flag Day with full zeal and vigour on December 07, 2021. On this day, ANO Lt. Sukhjit Kaur informed the cadets about the importance of the Armed Forces Flag Day. The college students also contributed ₹5000 for the Sainik Welfare Fund. The cadets undertook an online pledge in the support of the Armed forces. Principal Dr. Maneeta Kahlon urged the students to contribute towards the noble cause of rehabilitation of war widows, disabled defence personnel, ex-serviceman, and their families.
- National Cadets Corps (NCC) Day was celebrated by the NCC Wing on November 26, 2021. On this day, Cadets, along with Madam Principal and teachers took pledge to uphold the unity of the nation, curtail social evils such as dowry and corruption, and to contribute towards religious harmony and development of the community as a whole. All the cadets actively participated in the event. ANO Lt.Sukhjit Kaur organised the event.
- Under the aegis of Internal Quality Assurance Cell of the college, Swachhata Action Committee (SAP) and National Cadets Corps (NCC) Unit organized a Road Safety Awareness Program on November 18, 2021 in collaboration with Mr. Pankaj Kumar, Road safety instructor, Children Traffic Training Park, Model Town, Ludhiana. This program was organized under the guidance of SAP coordinator, Dr. Praveen Arora and ANO, Lt. Sukhjit Kaur. During the session, the resource person apprised the students about the hazards of violating traffic rules. He also informed the students about new amendments in Motor Vehicle Act 1988 (Amended 2019), rules regarding e-challan and laws related to juvenile driving.
- 53 NCC cadets of the college were handed over uniforms by the college Principal Dr. Maneeta Kahlon on November 13, 2021 . While distributing the uniforms, Madam Principal urged the cadets to set high ideals and develop qualities, such as leadership, discipline, character, compassion, and community service. She also advised the cadets to pursue a career in the Armed Forces. The ceremony was conducted in the presence of ANO of college, Lt. Sukhjit Kaur.
- Officers from 3PB (G) BN NCC Ludhiana visited the college and interacted with the NCC cadets of the college on November 09, 2021. They motivated the students to work hard, actively participate in activities and perform all duties diligently as NCC cadets. This session was organized under the guidance of ANO of college, Lt. Sukhjit Kaur.
- The Management, Principal, Staff and Students heartily congratulated Mrs. Sukhjit Kaur, Assistant Professor in Political Science for her successful completion of Pre-Commission Training course of NCC (PRCN/SW/108) at Officers Training Academy, Gwalior. She has received the prestigious rank of Lieutenant. The training was held from July 26 to October 23, 2021. During the training, she actively participated in different sports competitions, cultural programmes, and trekking events.
- The NCC cadets attended the Annual Training Camp (ATC-83) from October 9 to October 15, 2021 under the assistance of Mrs. Satwant Kaur (NCC Caretaker) in the absence of Mrs. Sukhjit Kaur, ANO of the college who is undergoing training at Gwalior. This camp was organised by 3 Pb Girls Bn NCC, Ludhiana at Khalsa College for Women, Civil Lines, Ludhiana. Swati Bhatti of BCA-5th Semester and Palak Bhatia of BCOM-1st Semester got silver medal in Tug of war.
- The NCC cadets of second year attended the Annual Training Camp (ATC-82) under the assistance of Mrs. Satwant Kaur (NCC Caretaker) in the absence of Mrs. Sukhjit Kaur, ANO of the college who is undergoing training at Gwalior.This camp was organised by 3 Pb Girls Bn NCC, Ludhiana at Khalsa College for Women, Civil Lines, Ludhiana from October 04-08, 2021 to inculcate and develop spirit of adventure, discipline, leadership, and self-confidence amongst NCC cadets.
- NCC Cadets Enrollment Session was conducted for First Year students of Guru Nanak Khalsa College for Women, Gujarkhan Campus, Ludhiana on September 20, 2021. The session was conducted by Subedar Jai Singh and Nb/Sub Bharpoor Singh from 3Punjab Girls Bn NCC under the assistance of Mrs. Satwant Kaur (NCC Caretaker) in the absence of Mrs. Sukhjit, ANO of the college who has gone for training to Gwalior.The PI Staff from battalion made the students aware about the importance and benefits of NCC in their career building.
- FIT INDIA FREEDOM RUN
|Name of the Event:
||FIT INDIA FREEDOM RUN
|Date & Time of the Program:
||September 08, 2021 at 10 a.m.
1. To encourage fitness
2. To get freedom from obesity, laziness, stress, anxiety etc.
Guru Nanak Khalsa College for Women,
Gujarkhan Campus, Model Town, Ludhiana
To commemorate the 75th Independence Day – “Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav”, IQAC in collaboration with NSS Unit and NCC Wing of Guru Nanak Khalsa College for Women, Gujarkhan Campus, organised Fit India Freedom run on September 08, 2021.Based on the concept “It can be run anywhere, anytime!”, FIT INDIA FREEDOM RUN was conceived last year when the entire nation started following social distancing in a new normal lifestyle, so as to keep the imperative need of fitness active even while following the social distancing norms. Under the guidance of Dr. Neetu Prakash, Programme Officer, NSS Unit and Ms. Satwant Kaur, Caretaker, NCC Wing, Cadets and Volunteers participated with full zeal and enthusiasm in this run.
- On 6th international yoga day, the Hon’ble PM has announced a video blog contest regarding yoga.Our cadet neha kaushik ,2nd year posted a video blog regarding yoga asana to ayalush ministry website (dated 21june 2020).
- Cadets participated in tree plantation Pakhwada (tree plantation drive) in month of july organized by NCC HQ.
- NCC cadets participated in online awareness campaign of Fit India , during August month,2020. Cadets also posted pictures on social media platforms also.
- On November 29, 2020 Cadets spread awareness about SWACHHTA through online mode.
- College NCC wing conducted online activity under Swachhta Pakhwara on December 14, 2020.Cadets create awareness through hand wash activity, also organised Essay writing competition through online mode.
- April 05, 2021 , college NCC wing organised poster making competition on the theme Anti drug through online mode.
- On April 13, 2021, College Ncc cadets presented a Nukkad natak on the theme ‘No to single use plastic’ through online mode. Cadets also participated in a webinar conducted by the NCC wing on the same theme. Cadets also participated in poster making competition on the same theme.
- On 7th International yoga day, our cadets participated in Online Essay Writing and Poster Making Competition, conducted by the 3PB (G) BN ,LDH. Cadets also performed Yoga asanas at their home and upload their pictures pictures on Ayush ministry’s website.